Job Req: Contour Key Account Manager
Location: Remote (San Francisco Bay Area)
Contour Design – Key Account Manager
Contour Design is looking for an ambitious and results-oriented Regional Key Account Manager who will play a pivotal role in driving Contour business with Ergonomic and IT Resellers and Commercial Distributors in Northern California.
About Contour Design
Founded in 1995, Contour Design, LLC develops and sells a full line of ergonomic computer mouse products. These innovative devices allow users to safely work on their computers without the risk of pain or strain. Contour sells and markets its products throughout the United States, Canada, Asia and Europe and is headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark with US offices in Boston and San Francisco.
Contour has been the market leader in the ergonomic mouse industry since the launch of the award-winning RollerMouse Red. This award-winning product was the result of years of targeted research, development and design and has enabled Contour to become a leader in the ergonomic mouse industry. Over the years, Contour has proactively worked to educate employers on the ergonomic benefits of its products and how they can prevent repetitive stress injuries among their employees.
Acquired by Polaris Private Equity in 2021, Contour is now primed to grow its global commercial business and is focused on developing relationships with its corporate and reseller customers.
The Regional Key Account Manager position
The Regional Key Account Manager role is a newly created position within Contour. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with ergonomic resellers and technology distributors in the western portion of the U.S., with a primary focus on developing the California market.
As the Contour Regional Key Account Manager, you will work with existing commercial distributors and ergonomic resellers. You will also be expected to identify and set-up new reseller partnerships within your region for verticals not already covered by Contour partners in your territory.
The Regional Key Account Manager will report to the VP of Sales and Marketing for Contour US and will work closely with a Regional Contour Product Advocate who will be responsible for supporting the local commercial end-user businesses in your region.
You will work with your assigned reseller and distribution partners to help generate introductions to commercial businesses in your region (with a focus on Fortune 1000 and Best Places to Work employers). The local Product Advocate will then utilize these introductions to educate these companies on the best options to promote ergonomic health amongst their employees, and then drive these sales back to the reseller partner.
Your day-to-day schedule will vary depending upon customer meetings, scheduled events, trainings and outbound calls, so you must possess excellent time management and prioritization skills. In this role, you will be required to organize and lead engaging presentations at customer meetings, local trade shows, and community health fairs. You must be adept at handling all levels of conversations and negotiations between Executives, Medical Professionals, and Reseller Partners alike.
Primary tasks include:
- Utilize all elements of the Contour Partner Program to drive growth and incentive
programs with our authorized resellers and distribution partners.
- Identify new resellers and B2B/commercial sales channels for Contour products.
- Work closely with our corporate marketing team to implement successful reseller and corporate end-user marketing campaigns that lead to new opportunities, are
within budget and show measurable ROI.
- Develop deeper business relationships with our IT Distributors and Regional Ergonomic Resellers.
- Partner with our Reseller Partners to build and execute successful sales and marketing programs, trainings, on-line content and local events.
- Conduct product trainings and presentations for new / existing B2B customers.
- Participate in fairs, trade shows and other local in-person activities.
- Work closely with all Contour departments including Marketing, Operations, & Finance to grow business profitably across your region.
- Travel within your region to visit local customers approximately 50-70 days a year.